Lutheran Women's Missionary League-Canada
Lutheran Women's Missionary League
"Called To Serve" from Deuteronomy 10:12
"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching."
Statement of Purpose
The women of Lutheran Women’s Missionary League-Canada are called to grow in and reach out with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
In fervent gratitude for the Saviour’s dying love and His blood-bought gift of redemption we dedicate ourselves to Him with all that we are and have; and in obedience to His call for workers in the harvest fields, we pledge Him our willing service wherever and whenever He has need of us. We consecrate to our Saviour our hands to work for Him, our feet to go on His errands, our voice to sing His praise, our lips to proclaim His redeeming love, our will to do His will and every power of our life to the great task of bringing the lost and erring into eternal fellowship with Him. Amen.
We are one of eight societies that make up the Capital Zone of the Manitoba/Saskatchewan District of LWML-Canada.
We meet the fourth Tuesday of the month at 7:00pm in the lounge from September to November and January to May. In December we celebrate the birth of Jesus with a Christmas Social and in June we celebrate the end of another great year of dedication, hard work and great friendships. We praise God for the many blessings He has bestowed upon this group.
Throughout the year we do a number of activities and hands-on service projects within our church, our community and our country. We also support many worthwhile projects with our mission money, within our own city and country as well as other countries around the world.
We have a number of different publications available:
- Tapestry an inspirational/informational magazine for any woman from LWML-Canada published four times a year.
- Get Connected – an informational newsletter for society leaders from LWML-Canada published twice a year.
- Prairie SonBeam – an informational newsletter for all society members from Man/Sk District published three times a year.
- The Potter and the Clay – an inspirational/informational newsletter for any young woman within the congregation from the Man/Sk District Young Women Committee published twice a year.
We invite you to join us at our meetings or to help us with one of our service projects. Watch the bulletin for upcoming events.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask one of our members.
Please click here to see our recent Mission activities.
Under the wing of L.W.M.L. External Missions
- 45 Teddy Bears made and donated to the Mobile Crisis Unit
- Kiddy Kits were made for Zone Spring Renewal ingathering.
- 5168 soup labels were collected and taken to Holy Cross preschool in Saskatoon.
- 41 pairs of eyeglasses were collected for CNIB.
- Large amounts of children's books, toilettes for Isabel Johnson Centre.
- Monetary gifts given to Concordia Seminary, Camp Lutherland, Pregnancy Crisis Centre and Transition house.
- Donation was given to the Regina Braille Centre.
- Donating mites that are sent to missions
- Providing help and baking for the Canadian Bible Society for their Tea.
- Since 1990 Muffin Mom's program 5 dozen muffins a week to local school for breakfast needs.
- Since 1994 Mitts, scarfs, toques, donated to Northern communities in Saskatchewan.
- Since 1994 Knee quitted knitted and sent to LW Relief and hospital Overseas(126 items).
- Since 1992 quitted blankets hand sewn and sent to countries where refugees are sleeping on the ground(265), as well as Our Northern Native Reserve friends(20).
- Since 1993 our congregation donated used Portal Prayer Devotion Booklets to Drop In Centres in Regina, Saskatchewan, and Native reserve Drop In Centres as far as Montana U.S.A.
- Soul Harbors Store in Regina drops a Devotion booklet in to each purchase parcel to take home.
- Since 1996 Jam's & Jellies jars have been given to food bank.
- This year we sent 237 cuddly teddy bears, dolls, etc with doll blankets and a shoe box for a crib to children in Northern communities.
Under the wing of L.W.M.L. Internal Missions
- Luncheon to celebrate Mount Olive's 50th anniversary.
- Two new tables for Fellowship Hall.
- Purchased flowers for the church flower beds.
- Booklets were presented to congregational Grade 12 grads.
- Paid for supplies and making of table and a tablecloth for the holding of cremains for funerals.
- Lunches were prepared and served two Saturdays to participants in the "Bringing Up Boys'" seminar.
- Lunch served for Central District Board held a Stewardship meeting at Mount Olive.
- Sending out sympathy and get well cards to congregational members.
- Purchasing items needed for church kitchen such as dishes, coffee urns, etc...
Under the Wing of Sunday School
- Our left over Sunday School material is welcomed by Drop In Centres in Regina.
- Mitten Tree at Christmas collected 2 large bags of new and slightly used mitts, scarfs, and toques for Souls Harbor in Regina.